MoreDat

A Student Network for Collaboration and Sharing

Signup on MoreDat.com and get your Free Gift, What’s Next For Electronic Devices. Have you heard of FPGAs? Find out now here. And as a bonus get your free guide to writing a successful resume. Just Signup now and it’s all yours free.

Now available to all those who friend me. Checkout the Free Giveaway of the Day. Just Signup for free and send a friend request to Jerome Trent. You will have instant access to the Free Giveaway of the Day.

Pedicure Chairs Great Selection of Pedicure Spa Chairs www.UptownSpas.com

Which of these represents components that generate a voltage?

Which of these represents components that generate a voltage?

I'm pretty sure its A only. Do you agree?
Thanks for the help.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Instead of just answering which one is correct, let’s talk about what each of them mean.

1. Symbol A is typically seen without the circle around it.  The circle just tends to throw you off.  This is the symbol for a DC power source, and that does make this the correct answer.
  2. Symbol B is not a commonly used symbol however some people may attempt to use this symbol to represent a thermister(a resistor that changes value depending on it’s temperature).
  3. Symbol C is a photodiode(a diode that can be activated by light).  This symbol also is often seen without the circle around it.
  4. Symbol D.  I have never seen this symbol before, therefore I would conclude that it is not a circuit symbol.
  5. Symbol E is a phototransistor(a transistor that can be activated by light)
  6. Symbol F almost looks like a thermistor symbol but it has an extra line in it, so it is not the thermistor symbol.  I don’t recognize this as an electronic circuit symbol.
  7. Symbol G is a gated diode but it has the arrows showing light shining on it.  It seems that they have combined two different symbols into one which means this is not a valid symbol, but that could change with technology changes.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Jerome Trent.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service